San Telmo I
Information about the apartment
We are back! After many months of uncertainty due to the COVID crisis, we are back with a brand new opportunity. We must take advantage of the current situation in order to buy cheap, and we cannot miss this opportunity!
We were already interested in this property back in February. But we are going to acquire it 30% cheaper! We have negotiated a 40,000 euros disccount compared to February´s price!
Perfect for mid-term and short term rentals:
Although this property is perfect for tourist, and we will get all the required permits as soon as possible, our goal is to rent it as a mid-term property: this is our main assumption in our business plan, in order to avoid future effects of the COVID-19, and to try to be as cautious as possible.
Cadiz is a small peninsula, where the land is scarce, but is holding a large University, (more than 25 thousand people), several Hospitals and many Government offices. Therefore, there´s a large demand for long-term and mid-term rentals. Although is not as profitable as short-term rentals, it is still a great solution for the low season. (Obviously, we will rent it as vacation rental property the whole year as soon as it is more profitable than mid-term rentals. In this scenario, the yields will increase, but for the business plan, we have not assumed that).
To summarize, in our business plan, for the whole 4 years, we have assumed that:
- from October to June we are going to rent it as mid-term property
- from June to September we are going to rent it as a short-term property.
Reasons to invest in this new opportunity:
Main reason to invest in this property are:
- Acquired 30% below the market price of February 2020.
- Very high demand for mid-term rentals due to the scarcity of land, the existence of 2 hospitals, the university with 25 thousand students and teachers, and other Government centers in just 3 square km
- Possibility to rent it as a short-term apartment when we consider it appropriate during the whole year.(It will increase the total yield)
- Location: located in the historic center of Cádiz, the favorite area of tourists and students as it is very close to the universities and several hospitals. There is a very high CURRENT demand for students and workers.
- Typology: despite being a small house, due to its distribution we can obtain 2 double rooms. It also has a large terrace that also gives it plenty of ventilation and light.
It is a property that we are going to acquire from an investment fund with a strong discount on the initial sale price.
It is located on the first floor, which will avoid possible restrictions on vacation rentals in the future. It has 49 square meters very well distributed, in two double rooms, a kitchen integrated in the dining room, a bathroom and a large private terrace.
The master bedroom has a large custom built-in closet, and it is naturally ventilated. The other room and the living room have direct access to the private patio, which gives a lot of ventilation and light to the apartment.
The distribution is perfect for both mid-term and short-term rentals. Even for long-term rentals, but this is not our goal.
It is a very versatile property, with capacity for up to 4 people, perfect for couples, small families, etc.
Location, Location, Location…
The best thing about this apartment is the location. Just 100 meters from the university, the vice-chancellor's office and the Gran Teatro de Falla, and just 8 minutes from both La Caleta Beach, as well as the various clinics and hospitals.
The location is perfect since the historic center is the neighborhood most in demand by tourists, students and officials. The walking distance to the main points of interest, according to Google Maps, is:
- University of Cádiz (medicine): 1 minute (110 meters)
- University of Cádiz (vice-chancellor): 2 minutes (180 meters)
- San Rafael Clinic: 3 minutes (250 meters)
- Catholic University of Cádiz: 4 minutes (350 meters)
- La Caleta Beach: 6 minutes (550 meters)
- University of Cádiz (economics): 7 minutes (600 meters)
- Women's Hospital: 7 minutes (600 meters)
- Hospital la Salud: 9 minutes
Why invest in this apartment?
- 30% disccount over Februrary´s price
- 40 thousand euros disccount.
- High IRR 11.61%
- Our sale price is below February´s price
- High rent return: 5,33%
- With a higher yield once it is rented as short-term rental all year long